Sewing Machine Operator
General Description of Work Performed:
The Sewing Machine Operator is responsible for ensuring the expectations of its internal and the company’s external customers. The Sewing Machine Operator is responsible for operating a sewing machine to assemble or finish leather or vinyl products while meeting production standards and maintain the sewing machine by doing normal preventative maintenance.
- Follow work instructions and work orders to properly sew products using correct machine settings, materials and thread for the product to be completed in the time allotted.
- Inspect each piece of material or work in progress and other raw materials to ensure quality standards are met.
- Communicate clearly with internal customers including the product inspector regarding quality and other issues.
- Properly shut down and organize work station at the end of each day by placing all raw materials in their appropriate storage containers, unplugging all tools and placing in their appropriate location. Sweeping the work area and taking trash to outside receptacles.
- Maintain and keep needed supplies and tools stocked.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM PRIOR KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent and level of understanding needed to excel in this position.
- Good communication skills: written, verbal, listening and attention to detail.
- Basic computer skills.
- Basic math skills.
- Good manual dexterity and hand/eye coordination.
- Knowledge and skill in operating sewing machines a plus. We are willing to train.
The Sewing Machine Operator is subject to long hours of continuous sewing machine operation. Must have the ability to manipulate arms, wrists, and fingers in continuous repetitive motions and must be able to lift 20 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND HAZARDS:
The Sewing Machine Operator works in a well-lighted environment, but is subject to occasional high decibel sounds associated with production and non-toxic fumes also associated with production. Subject to extreme repetitive motion. Other duties include working with tools, machinery