The Network Administrator works on-site and manages design, development, implementation, and maintenance of Company’s computer network. The Network Administrator also provides network and PC support to users as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and implements design, configuration, installation, and maintenance of network hardware, software, phone/voicemail system, & telecommunications services.
- Provides project management, design implementation, documentation, and operations support for network infrastructure. Documentation includes things such as hardware inventory, software inventory, IP information, & user instructions.
- Data backup & recovery.
- Maintains the integrity of the network security and optimization of the network (LAN and WAN). Upgrades and patches hardware & software applications.
- Responds to the needs and questions of users; troubleshoots, diagnoses, and fixes hardware and/or software problems.
- Active directory & domain administration. Establishes and maintains network user profiles, directories, and security. Set up & administer network shares, groups, file permissions, Office 365 accounts, & virus protection.
- Interfaces with other departments and vendors to report and resolve software, hardware, and operations problems; develops system solutions consistent with organizational objectives.
- Researches and evaluates new technologies and negotiates contracts with hardware, software, & telecommunications vendors.
- Develops and implements disaster recovery procedures; prepares and maintains documentation of network configurations and cabling layouts; monitors and maintains network stability.
- Installs, maintains, & upgrades desktop and laptop systems and associated software; Installs and configures printers & IP phones. Provides user training as applicable.
- Manages website domain names and internet/intranet access & security.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the IT Director.
- Provide after-hours & on-call support as needed.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience. Bachelor’s Degree (BA) in Computer Science, Information Systems, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess working knowledge of and direct experience with network design and troubleshooting (networking, routers, switches, firewalls/VPN, WAPs, VOIP, AD).
- Proficient with Windows OS, Windows Server, MS Office, & O365. Experience with pfSense &/or SonicWall firewalls is a plus.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards. Highly motivated with acute attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Ability to manage priorities, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.